Do i need a lawyer if i am on probation and its my 2nd offense for retail theft

On probation need to know if i need a lawyer?

Union City, PA -

Stewart C Crawford Jr.

Stewart C Crawford Jr.

Criminal Defense Attorney - Media, PA

Yes, you should always have a lawyer for any criminal proceeding. The stakes are too high to risk it alone (e.g., potential loss of freedom, fines, criminal record, loss of licnses in some cases, restitution)

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
223 North Monroe Street
Media, Pennsylvania 19063
877-992-6311
www.crawfordlaw.org

E-Mail: crime@subrolaw.us

Matthew Paul Scheitrum

Matthew Paul Scheitrum

Criminal Defense Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

Yes. Not only do you face a potential penalty for the retail theft, you also face a possible penalty for your probation violation.

Anita Marie Seth

Anita Marie Seth

Criminal Defense Attorney - Norristown, PA

Absolutely. First you need and attorney to identify any issues with the new case and ensure that the charge is graded correctly. Second, you need counsel to determine whether or not the new charge is a violation of your supervision, and advocate on your behalf if it is. Violations of probation and/or parole can sometimes have complicated issues. You should retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to handle both matters.

Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

Criminal Defense Attorney - Havertown, PA

You need to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you. The attorney can look for ways to avoid a conviction on the new charge and look for damage control on the violation.

Jake Kathleen Marcus

Jake Kathleen Marcus

Criminal Defense Attorney - Jenkintown, PA

Though you always have the right to act as your own counsel, I wouldn't recommend it, particularly in a criminal case with much at state such as yours.

Matthew Michael McClenahen

Matthew Michael McClenahen

Criminal Defense Attorney - State College, PA

That is like asking whether you need to see a doctor for a broken leg. A second offense retail theft is graded as at least a second degree misdemeanor regardless of the value of the property taken. If you are convicted of an M2 while on probation, you are normally looking at a stint in county jail. You absolutely need an attorney.

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

Criminal Defense Attorney - Louisville, KY

YES! You need a criminal defense lawyer ASAP!