Do I need a lawyer for my first DWI offense?

Asked about 5 years ago - Houston, TX

underage
first offense
.1 blood achol level (breathilizer)

1. Kelly W. Case

1

Answered . YES!

2. Robert Hampton Tuthill

1

Answered . Yes, you need an attorney. DWI cases can be a pain and you need an attorney to go over all of your options with you and to get you the best outcome possible.

3. Rosario Stornello

1

Answered . yes you need a lawyer to defend your case.

4. Wayne Rodgers Foote

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, you need a lawyer. A DUI is a very serious charge. Many bad things can happen if youn are convicted of it. You might go to jail, there will be fines, your license will be suspended, you car insurance costs will go up, you can have trouble with work or going to school, and many more problems. When you hire a lawyer be sure to hire a DUI specialist. Chech for one in your area at www.ncdd.com.

5. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Because this matter is so important you should really get a lawyer. Many factors such as age, prosecutor discretion, what judge you have, whether witnesses are credible all matter and that makes it near impossible to say what type of time you'll do if this is judged a crime.

You can miss defenses and say the wrong things if you are not represented by an advocate as your attorney.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-cho...

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot find out any details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.