Do i need a lawyer for financial issues in a private school !

Stockton, CA |

My school overcharged me in loans i have a loan on my contract that says around 5 , 000 $ but when I look at my fas fa , and my loan site it says i owe twice as much , but the school said my loan and grants are OK

No, you do not need a lawyer. Talk to the school's finance office to understand where the problem lies with FAFSA. You can also contact FAFSA to understand the discrepancy.

The school has been over charging students and they owe me money back but won't fix it they tell me I need a lawer or attorney and banned me from school, so I can't step a foot on premises to get the financial aid department to fix the mistakes they made , fasfa site says I got over 10,000 in pell grant but school only put about 9,000 and overcharged me in loans and other little places too and didn't put in the 250$ I paid to enroll, they owe me over 1,000$ back

You may not need a lawyer to talk to them, but a lawyer can certainly help you negotiate a better resolution of the situation. An education lawyer can persuade the school to re characterize the loan, give you more time to pay, and/or obtain other consideration, like a part-time job, etc. Perhaps there is other loan or grant money available, on better terms. exceptions can be made, with some legal pressure.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt