Do i need a lawyer for financial issues in a private school !

Asked almost 2 years ago - Stockton, CA

My school overcharged me in loans i have a loan on my contract that says around 5 , 000 $ but when I look at my fas fa , and my loan site it says i owe twice as much , but the school said my loan and grants are OK

1. Betsy J. Brazy

1

Answered . No, you do not need a lawyer. Talk to the school's finance office to understand where the problem lies with FAFSA. You can also contact FAFSA to understand the discrepancy.

2. James Victor Kosnett

Pro

Answered . You may not need a lawyer to talk to them, but a lawyer can certainly help you negotiate a better resolution of the situation. An education lawyer can persuade the school to re characterize the loan, give you more time to pay, and/or obtain other consideration, like a part-time job, etc. Perhaps there is other loan or grant money available, on better terms. exceptions can be made, with some legal pressure.