Skip to main content

Do i need a lawyer for financial issues in a private school !

Stockton, CA |

My school overcharged me in loans i have a loan on my contract that says around 5 , 000 $ but when I look at my fas fa , and my loan site it says i owe twice as much , but the school said my loan and grants are OK

Attorney Answers 2

  1. No, you do not need a lawyer. Talk to the school's finance office to understand where the problem lies with FAFSA. You can also contact FAFSA to understand the discrepancy.

  2. You may not need a lawyer to talk to them, but a lawyer can certainly help you negotiate a better resolution of the situation. An education lawyer can persuade the school to re characterize the loan, give you more time to pay, and/or obtain other consideration, like a part-time job, etc. Perhaps there is other loan or grant money available, on better terms. exceptions can be made, with some legal pressure.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics