Do I need a lawyer for an underage drinking citation?

Marietta, GA |

I was at a house party and cops came for a noise complaint. A good amount of people ran out the back but the ones that stayed all got breathalyzed and got citations including me. My court date is in about a month and I was wondering if I'm supposed to get a lawyer for this. I have had an incident with the cops when I was a juvenile and went through mediation instead of court and I'm not sure if that will affect anything? I am 17 now and I would just like advice on if I should get a lawyer or what I should expect to happen in court. Thank you.

1. Underage drinking is a serious offense that may have long-term consequences, as a result, I would highly recommend you seek legal counsel. Depending on the facts of your case, questions may be raised concerning the complaint, Miranda, and the validity of the breathalyzer. It's unlikely you'll know which arguments to make, hence your need for counsel.

PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE, NOR IS THERE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.