Skip to main content

Do I need a lawyer for adding a co-guardian?

Edison, NJ |

I live in NJ. I am a legal guardian of my niece. I'd like to add my sister as a co-guardian. How can I do that?

Attorney Answers 1


While you may be able to nadle the paperwork yourself by working with a clerk in the Surrogate's office thru which you were originally appointed; I'd strongly recommend working with an attorney to ensure everything is done properly.

Ed Smeltzer

Mark as helpful