Skip to main content

Do I need a lawyer

Ventura, CA |

So yesterday my friend picked me up from a bar caused was really drunk. We headed to my friends house in Thousand Oaks some car nexts to us hits up and we crash on a divider. I run and call 911 they come and arrest me for being drunk in public they put me in the police car when I didn't even know what was happening I brake the car window and put me in jail was only in jail for 24 hrs. My violations are PC 594 (b) (1) and PC 647 (f). Help me please I have court on Monday

Attorney Answers 8

  1. I'm going to edit the practice area of your post to "Criminal Defense" so that it can be viewed by attorneys who practice in that area.

    Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

  2. These are serious charges, albeit with strange facts. You should get an attorney to fight these charges. PC 594 is vandalism over $400.00 and you can go to jail for it, and you can get your driver's license suspended. Get a lawyer.

    No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

  3. Call the above criminal defense lawyer, or use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool to locate a local criminal lawyer.

  4. You need to hire a criminal attorney. Or if you have no money an attorney will be provided to you. DO not make any further statements on this forum. Make sure to get treated if you were injured and then hire a PI attorney to take care of your case. Best of luck.

    This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

  5. You will definitely want to hire a locally experienced defense attorney. These are serious charges with potentially serious consequences. The Ventura District Attorney is known to be among the toughest in the state. Best of luck.

    Jasen Nielsen

  6. Yes, you need an attorney. If you can afford one, hire a private attorney. Call several Avvo attorneys and choose one you like. If you cannot afford an attorney and you qualify financially, the public defender will be appointed to represent you.

  7. Please contact a lawyer in your area immediately. These matters only receive the credit they deserve when presented properly. You will likely have a claim for injuries to follow your criminal matter so follow up with a reputable personal injury lawyer too.

  8. These are very serious charges in Ventura. You need an attorney. Vandalism and public intoxication are treated harshly. Get an attorney familiar with court.

    Andrew Roberts
    (805) 496-7777

    Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics