Do I need a lawyer? Will it benefit me?

Memphis, TN |

Car accident last Nov. I was hit head on by a drunk driver who was taken to jail from the scene of the accident, booked, charged, and convicted of DUI. I was taken by ambulance to ER, where after several Cat Scans and tests, was released. I suffered no permanent injury or disability. My car was totaled. (value $2500.00) So I'm having to purchase a new car (&28,000.00). The other driver has Nationwide Ins. and they agreed to pay all medical costs and the value of my totaled car. They are ready for me to settle and sign a release. Shouldn't I be entitled to more?

Yes! You need a lawyer to help you on this. There are many different things that need to be evaluated. I strongly urge you to consult with a good personal injury lawyer in yiour area who regularly handles these types of cases. Good luck.

Attorney Singleton gave you excellent advise. Speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. Search Avvo, American Association of Justice, local bar association, ask someone you trust and respect. Invariably, people represented by attorneys do better for themselves. You get what you pay for, I submit is good advise. All the best, Jeff Adams

You need a good car accident lawyer.

Get a lawyer with a low contingency fee, such as 29%, so you are left with the lion’s share of the settlement money. Don't get hurt twice by using a lawyer with a high fee.

Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Yes. You should consult a lawyer in Memphis. Nationwide does not have your best interest in mind.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI