Skip to main content

Do i need a lawyer?

Windermere, FL |

I received a speeding ticket in georgia for 24 miles over.i live in florida. The fee changes from 300 to 750 for going 24 instead of 23.i was speeding im not disbuting that but 400 $ difference for 1 point is rediculius. I cant afford it nor can i travel back to fight it. What should i do?

Attorney Answers 3


See if the court has a payment plan. Your other possibilities you stated would not happen.

I would also suggest that you start calling attorneys in the locale in GA and ask them about any local deferred adjudication/traffic school/ etc. possibilities.

I was speaking with a Savannah attorney about these very very high penalties for speeding in Georgia; and I can't figure out why they are so unduly burdensome, not proportional and unfair.

Good Luck, I hope you find a way out of this and to prevail absolutely.

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You may want to post this same question in the Georgia section of avvo. Local attorneys in that state may be in a better position to give you advice.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Call a Ga. criminal defense attorney or motor vehicle attorney from the area where this happened. Check credentials on the web especially reviews on AVVO. A local attorney will know the players and procedures in that Court. In NJ the State can not likely sustain a 1 MPH difference. There is a margin of error in the radar or tracking guns and pacing is not that exact. So in NJ a reduction to the lesser offense would happened. I do not kow about Ga. Also in NJ you can appear through your attorney. Check on Ga. I do not not know if the cost of such an attorney in Ga. would be more than the savings but check it out.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics