Do I need a lawyer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

While in Florida on vacation the other day they arrested my boyfriend on a warrant he had here in ky for child support. I think it's a felony cause its over 1,000. If we pay the county in ky where the warrant is issued will florida release him or will they extradite him back to ky? I don't know if I need a lawyer here or in Florida.

1. Anna M. Aleksander

Pro

8

1

Answered . If there is a bond set then you can pay his bond in Kentucky, otherwise, you either have to get the KY court to set a bond which you would then have to pay in Kentucky, and/ or set aside the warrant to stop the extradition from Florida. Something this complicated would probably require advice from an attorney.

2. Frank Mascagni III

4

1

Answered . Hire a criminal defense attorney in the KY county where the warrant was issued. Counsel will redocket the case and pay the arrears ( after you paid counsel and the arrears) on the defendant's behalf and get the warrant recalled and contact FL with an order to release the defendant, if the KY judge will do so.

www.kacdl.net

3. Brian Robert Dettman

Pro

2

1

Answered . What county in Florida? It usually costs a lot to transport from FL to KY. We're there any Florida charges? How did they pick him up? Any other charges in KY? I'm licensed in both states.

You need to consult with an attorney.