Skip to main content

Do I need a lawyer?

Louisville, KY |

While in Florida on vacation the other day they arrested my boyfriend on a warrant he had here in ky for child support. I think it's a felony cause its over 1,000. If we pay the county in ky where the warrant is issued will florida release him or will they extradite him back to ky? I don't know if I need a lawyer here or in Florida.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If there is a bond set then you can pay his bond in Kentucky, otherwise, you either have to get the KY court to set a bond which you would then have to pay in Kentucky, and/ or set aside the warrant to stop the extradition from Florida. Something this complicated would probably require advice from an attorney.

    By answering questions in this forum, Attorney Anna Aleksander does not undertake to represent you in your legal matter, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Answers are provided for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as advice of counsel. Speak with a lawyer who practices in this area to determine the best course of action for you and your case.

  2. What county in Florida? It usually costs a lot to transport from FL to KY. We're there any Florida charges? How did they pick him up? Any other charges in KY? I'm licensed in both states.

    You need to consult with an attorney.

  3. Hire a criminal defense attorney in the KY county where the warrant was issued. Counsel will redocket the case and pay the arrears ( after you paid counsel and the arrears) on the defendant's behalf and get the warrant recalled and contact FL with an order to release the defendant, if the KY judge will do so.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics