Do I need a lawyer?

Florence, MA |

I was having my car repaired, when the mechanic drove the car to test drive it he hit a pedestrian, they repaired the car but now, 3 years later the mechanic and I are being sued by the pedestrian. Am I responsible?

By statute in Massachusetts, the owner of the auto which is involved in an accident is always liable. Hopefully, the auto repair shop had its own shop insurance, which should also be brought in to defend against the claim. But, you need to forward the suit papers to your insurance agent ASAP.

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

Simply report it to your insurance company to defend.