Do I need a lawyer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Florence, MA

I was having my car repaired, when the mechanic drove the car to test drive it he hit a pedestrian, they repaired the car but now, 3 years later the mechanic and I are being sued by the pedestrian. Am I responsible?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Andrew Daniel Myers

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . By statute in Massachusetts, the owner of the auto which is involved in an accident is always liable. Hopefully, the auto repair shop had its own shop insurance, which should also be brought in to defend against the claim. But, you need to forward the suit papers to your insurance agent ASAP.

    Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only.... more
  2. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Simply report it to your insurance company to defend.

Related Topics

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,985 answers this week

2,906 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,985 answers this week

2,906 attorneys answering