Do I need a family lawyer for child custody?

Tulsa, OK |
Filed under: Divorce Child custody

I am in the process of trying to find a divorce lawyer, my husband and I are not working out. He will not help out with our daughter at all. I have been staying in my moms bedroom in the house because she helps me out way more that he does. I tried letting him watch our daughter at night so I could try to get some sleep and as soon as she started crying he would bring her into the room to me. So I just started taking her to bed when I went to be. I would have to ask him to hold her or feed her and he would usually hand her back to me about a minute later saying he didnt know what to do. I would try to explain it and he would just kinda brush it off like it was no big deal. Tonight I tried to let him take care of her himself and he just let her scream her head off the entire time.

1. You should retain an attorney for your divorce and custody case. Use the Fina a Lawyer function on AVVO to find a lawyer near you.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

2. You would be wise to hire a lawyer. I might suggest that you consider a lawyer that centers his/her practice in family law, but this is not required.