Do I need a family lawyer for child custody?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tulsa, OK

I am in the process of trying to find a divorce lawyer, my husband and I are not working out. He will not help out with our daughter at all. I have been staying in my moms bedroom in the house because she helps me out way more that he does. I tried letting him watch our daughter at night so I could try to get some sleep and as soon as she started crying he would bring her into the room to me. So I just started taking her to bed when I went to be. I would have to ask him to hold her or feed her and he would usually hand her back to me about a minute later saying he didnt know what to do. I would try to explain it and he would just kinda brush it off like it was no big deal. Tonight I tried to let him take care of her himself and he just let her scream her head off the entire time.

1. Bennett James Wills

Pro

3

Answered . You should retain an attorney for your divorce and custody case. Use the Fina a Lawyer function on AVVO to find a lawyer near you.

2. J. Richard Kulerski

1

Answered . You would be wise to hire a lawyer. I might suggest that you consider a lawyer that centers his/her practice in family law, but this is not required.