Skip to main content

Do i need a entertainment or business lawyer regarding partnership agreement disputes for a music production/recording company?

Plainfield, NJ |

Our studio engineer has violated our partnership agreement based on his interpretation of the agreement. he's received personnel compensation using company equipment and resources. he has also registered music in his name to receive royalties . seeking advice on how to proceed with removing said partner and seeking an punitive compensation.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, you need a lawyer to help you. Your partnership agreement will govern your rights and oblilgations, but enforcing them may require a court to intervene. For that you will need a lawyer.

The content of the this submission is intended to provide general information on the topic presented, and is offered with the understanding that the author is not rendering any legal or professional services or advice. This submission is not a substitute for legal advice. Should you require such services, retain competent legal counsel.



Thanks Michael , would i need a partnership or entertainment lawyer ?


As my colleague notes, at this point you really need to discuss it all over with a lawyer in more detail. Obviously, the agreement will have to be carefully reviewed along with all the facts and circumstances.

A business, IP or entertainment lawyer should be able to help. Typically, if a lawyer presents themselves as an entertainment lawyer they will possess more specialized skill sets such as more in depth knowledge of music contracts and rights, etc. They will also tend to charge accordingly for this knowledge.

I suggest that you consult with a lawyer in private and discuss your objectives and options in more detail. You can start by calling around to several for a free phone consultation, get some insights then pick the best fit to work with.

Best regards,
Natoli-Lapin, LLC

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed with the law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC on the basis of this posting.


if he has in fact violate the agreement You had with him, you would need to file a complaint with an order to show cause and get an immediate injunction against him for his violation of the agreement and preventing him from going after other clients or using company assets To further do so. this way you can stop him in his tracks, Let him know you mean business and stop him dead in his tracks from doing anything else to harm your may also be able to recover all of your attorneys fees and costs for having to file that action. PS..I used to live in Plainfield.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. There are always specific facts that are important for an attorney to review before providing advice to a Client. In no way should you rely on the response provided herein to conduct your legal affairs on your own. You should always hire an attorney before you rely on advice provided.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer