Do I need a criminal defense lawyer

Asked over 1 year ago - Savannah, GA

I was shopping in Kmart and got distracted and put some makeup in my purse and got arrested for shop lifting it is my first offence

1. Phillip Darrell Kimbrell

8

Answered . Yes.... You are charged with a crime and have an arrest record. You need an attorney to help you protect your interest. Hire one sooner rather than later.....

P Darrell Kimbrell

2. Charles Christopher Flinn

Pro

8

Answered . Yes. An attorney can help you avoid a conviction. Don't go into court alone.

3. Benjamin David Goldberg

Pro

7

Answered . Yes, a lawyer can likely help you get this dismissed and get the arrest expunged from your record. The short term cost of hiring a lawyer will be much less than the long term cost of representing yourself. If you cannot afford a lawyer, remember that you are entitled to one and should therefore request a public defender.

4. Troy Windel Marsh Jr.

4

Answered . Yes. Hire the best lawyer you can afford, and follow his/her advice. Quickly.

5. Patrick Lee Jarrett

2

Answered . Yes you need an attorney. If this incident happened in Chatham County, you may be eligible for a per trial diversion program. Inwould be happy to discuss your case with you.