Do I need a criminal defense lawyer?

Greensburg, PA |

I am 17 years old and was accused of burglary for breaking into a residential home and stealing $400. Then a search was conducted at my home for the stolen goods and a marijuana bong, grinder and joint papers were found. I do not know what to do...

1. Without question you need a criminal defense attorney. Often, bargains are made that can eliminate many of the charges, and reduce other. If no good bargain is offered, at least your attorney will have learned the case, can look at the search, and be prepared for trial. You can find a criminal defense attorney in your county by AVVO search, or local ads.

If you cannot afford an attorney, you can ask the court to appoint one for you. But, if you hire one, your attorney can start NOW to work on minimizing the damage to your life.

AND, you can start now with drug counseling and NA meetings to address the VERY SERIOUS drug problem that is trying to ruin your life.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

2. If you value your freedom, you do need a criminal defense attorney in Greensburg, PA. Ask around, attorneys will be happy to refer you to the right professional for that case.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

3. You obviously need a lawyer. With a burglary and then drugs, you might be facing serious jail time.

4. Burglary is a very serious charge, even if you are a juvenile. If you are convicted as an adult, at the very minimum, you will have a serious felony on your record which will significantly impact your future ability to continue your education and find employment. If you are adjudicated as a minor, the felony status of the offense remains on your record even when you turn 18. HIRE A LAWYER!

5. You definitely need an attorney. There are numerous things that you could be convicted for. These are serious charges that involve jail time. The burglary can involve many years of jail. You need to speak with counsel immediately.

Michael L. Doyle
    (215) 735-5900

Juvenile law topics