Do I need a criminal defense attorney?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Detroit, MI

My son was murdered for being a transexual at a apartment building while trying to buy marijuana. I posted flyers of the the last person who was seen with him asking for information about the case. I am now being charge with a felony count of aggregated stalking. She is stating I am constantly calling and harassing her but I am not. What so I do?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. James S. Lawrence

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . 1. Hire an experienced criminal defense attorney. Do not discuss the case with anyone but an attorney (or your husband or wife).
    2. You can get your phone records proving the non-making of calls. This will not provide a complete defense, however, since you theoretically could have gotten an additional phone just for the contact.
    3. Become familiar with the law of aggravated stalking in Michigan which is a felony. Go to then in the box labeled MCL Section type in 750.411i

    Good luck.

    Contact me at 248-399-6930 for a free consultation. You and I do not have an attorney-client relationship formed... more
  2. Scott Matthew Aaronson

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You absolutely need an excellent attorney to assist you.

    -Scott Aaronson, Esq.

    877-I-CAN-WIN (Call 24/7)

  3. Andrew Charles Lapres

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you're being charged with a crime, then yes, you need a criminal defense attorney. Don't hold out hope that since you didn't do anything wrong this will just go away on it's own. It won't. Once charges have been filed, it means the prosecutor means business and likely believes that he/she can prove their case against you regardless of what your explanation is. Contact an attorney. Good luck.

  4. John Wesley Hall Jr.

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yet a lawyer. Stalking is a serious crime.

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,117 answers this week

2,233 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,117 answers this week

2,233 attorneys answering