Do I need a cover letter for a B2 visitor visa?

Las Vegas, NV |

I am a 20 something, male, that is applying for a five month visitor visa from Spain. Do I need a cover letter for a B2 visitor visa?

Write a cover letter to bring to my consulate interview? Or send it beforehand?

1. You better use one. How else are you planing on convincing the Service that you are not going to overstay beyond the extension of they grant you one? I think this answer applies to both males and females as well as across the age spectrum.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. Cover letter cannot hurt.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

3. Do you need one? No.
    Should you submit one? Yes.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.