Do I need a Car accident/Car Insurance lawyer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

Someone has filed a claim with their Car Insurance company stating I "cut them off the road, causing them to hit a curb & resulting in damage to the car. They also went to the hopspital according to their Insurance rep. They took a picture of my car & license plate at a light. I was not involved in any kind of accident the person is claiming. As far as I know they have to witnesses either. Do they have a valid case/claim? Do I need to call my insurance?

1. David John Glatthorn

Pro

4

1

Answered . Notify your Insurance Co. ASAP.follow upo with copies of any letters , names , contact numbers, if the other side filled out an accident report, etc. Get a claim number, the the name of the adjustor assigned.This is why you buy insurance ; to defend you if accused of an accident , whether you think valid or not.
    I don't understand the other ins. co. "rep" contacting you. DO NOT GIVE ANY STATEMENTS TO ANYONE EXCEPT YOUR OWN INSURANCE COMPANY.

2. Kathryn Elizabeth Lee

4

1

Answered . I completely agree with the prior answer, and can't stress enough that you need to call your insurance company and not give any statements or talk to "the other side" until you do. If you need a lawyer, your insurance company will have to provide one for you, so work with the company.

No attorney-client relationship is intended by this answer.
  3. Robert Edward Fenster

1

Answered . You MUST notify your insurer immediately. Do not delay. Follow the other advice provided above as well. if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me free of charge!
    Best regards,

Robert E. Fenster

Robert E. Fenster, P.A.
    118 West Orange Street
    Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
    F: (407) 865-5706
    C: (407) 491-6973
    O: (407) 865-5705

RobertFenster@FensterLaw.com

*Personal Injury *Wrongful Death *
    *Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents *
    *Insurance Claims * Disability Claims *

*Board Certified Circuit Civil Mediator*
    “Don’t Litigate- Mediate!”

4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

1

1

Answered . Turn the claim to your own insurance company and never talk to anyone except your lawyer or your own insurance company There is a lot of stress during and around the time of an accident and often clients mistakenly give statements to the other insurance company because the reps never identify themselves properly. In this instance, do not worry and let your insurance company handle this claim. Best of luck.