Skip to main content

Do I need a car accident attorney?

Beaumont, CA |

I was in a rear end car accident over 4 months ago. I had pain the next day and went to my doctor 2 days after the accident. I have read could have back pain for awhile, but after 4 months I am wondering if something else could be wrong. A friend suggested going to chiropractor and the chiropractors office said I need approval from insurance company. I called the insurance company for this and instead of them helping me they are rushing to settle stating after 4 months could be from anything else. I went back to my doctor who treated me after the accident to see what he thinks and I have a follow up appointment in 2 weeks to determine if I need an MRI. The insurance company told me I have 2 weeks to accept their offer or the claim starts over.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9


Yes. You need to consult with an experienced CA personal injury attorney right away. As you can see, the insurance company is trying to bully and take advantage of you.


Call an attorney. You can still get compensated but the insurance company will put up a fight because of the delay in treatment.

This is not intended to be legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. You should contact an attorney for further information.


STOP! You are rushing the process with the claims adjuster. They are in the business of settling the claim both quickly and cheaply! If your doctor advises to obtain and MRI, you should absolutely get one done, have a qualified physician review the report and films and determine the extent of your present injury and your treatment options BEFORE settling any claims. You should also retain a quality personal injury attorney immediately. Any further interaction with the claims adjuster without an attorney to communicate on your behalf is going to reduce the value of your claim.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.


Personal injury attorneys typically take cases on a contingency basis, so it really doesn't cost you anything up front and you can consult with one about your case. It certainly seems like the insurance company is trying to push you into a settlement. I expect several personal injury attorneys will respond to your question, and you can also find one using the Find a Lawyer tab. Good luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. . That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.


All of the attorneys on this forum will say that you need the assistance of counsel in your case, and I agree with them. The insurance company is not looking out for your interests, but, rather, it is looking out for its own interests. An attorney will help you to get a much better outcome than you would likely obtain on your own. Think of it in these terms. The insurance company which deals with thousands of claims like yours every year is working diligently to minimize your claim, and it has countless attorneys at its disposal. Do you think the insurance company will be at all reluctant to use them in order to reduce your damages, where possible. In order to even the playing field, you really ought to have the benefit of attorney helping you as well. I would start interviewing attorneys at this time. The ones who respond to your post are knowledgeable, skilled, caring, and ready to assist you. You can also look at other attorneys on this site by clicking the find a lawyer option.

Marc Lazarus

This answer to this questions is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney right away to further examine the issues in your case.

Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Manuel Alzamora Juarez


I could not agree more with Attorney Lazarus.

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Robert Bruce Kopelson


Well said.


The insurance company is trying to save money by not authorizing treatment. Call a PI lawyer today.

Many firms, including mine, offer free consultations and handle cases as far from Los Angeles as yours.



This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


You know the answer. Retain one of the above distinguished attorneys in your state


I work in California and deal with accidents like yours, so I am happy to answer your question. The answer to your question is you should hire an attorney ASAP. Whenever someone makes a claim against an insurance company the insurance company usually gives you a very difficult time. I've seen insurance companies lie to their own insured before. Do you feel that you are at the same medical condition that you were before the accident? As a basic premise I wouldn't handle your claim by yourself. The attorney you hire can likely refer you to a doctor, if you ask for one, who will see you with no upfront payment! I've done this many times to help my clients out. You should not wait a single day to hire a lawyer, we will advise you on the strategy of your case.

You have some great facts, but your case definitely needs to be developed further to corroborate your story. You should hire an attorney so you're not bullied around! There is no upfront cost to hire an attorney.

With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case! I've handled many of these cases in the Beaumont, CA area.

Its very possible that your case is worth more than the $$$ that they will offer you by yourself. Call an attorney today, you won't regret it.

We all give free consultations! Make your life easier and hire a lawyer.

Direct Line to Attorney: 877-427-2752 or Email:; Website: I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer