Do i need a an lawyer to remove a traffic ticket.

Asked over 2 years ago - Saint Joseph, MO

I have three tickets on my driving record, and i have a job that requires only two tickets to drive for the company. if i get a a ticket off i can become a manager. One comes off in December and i cant wait that long. So i need to know if i can get it off early?

1. Andrea R. Rogers

Answered . If you have already paid the fine, it may be possible to withdraw your guilty plea and get the ticket reduced to a non-moving violation. This is more difficult if too much time has passed or if you were represented by an attorney when you pleaded guilty.

2. Nicholas Charles Lindley

Answered . Like the other attorney said, there is a very good chance to get your old tickets removed. You will almost certainly need an attorney to help you, however. If you plead guilty and paid the fine (without an attorney) way back when, an attorney can file a 'Motion to Set Aside a Plea of Guilty' indicating that you were not represented and didn't understand the points system and its consequences. In my experience, most towns in this state are broke, and they'll gladly remove your old tickets and points from your record in exchange for some cold cash. If you can't find an attorney in your area, give me a call and I can help you out.