Do I need a professional translator to translate my birth certificate or anyone who is fluent in English and my language can ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Skokie, IL

And do i need to have it notarized after translation ?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

10

7

Answered . Well, if that person is really good, it will do. The certification is nothing more than a statement saying that the translator posses sufficient knowledge of English and other language, and that the translation is true and accurate.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . Yes, but do not forget certificate of accuracy

3. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

9

Answered . Yes you will need to have a professional translator translate and certify that the translation is accurate.

4. C. C. Abbott

8

Answered . The USCIS has provided specific information on the use of individuals to translate documents.
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem...
    The specific information states:
    _______________________________
    Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________
    Date Typed Name
    Address

5. Dean P Murray

7

Answered . I agree with my two colleagues. Good luck to you.
    ---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

6. Stephen D. Berman

5

Answered . Anyone, and it does not need to be notarized.

7. Jennifer Lynn Bennett

4

Answered . You do not need to have a professional translate it for you, and it does not need to be notarized. It just needs to contain a "certification" at the end of the document that states that the individual who translated it is proficient in both the English language and the language the birth certificate is in. You can find a sample certification statement to see what it looks like on the USCIS website. Good luck!