Do i list the LABOR COMMISSIONER (DLSE) & LABOR COMPLIANCE PROGRAM as creditors/prospects on my chapter 7 bankruptcy?

Los Banos, CA |

after employee complaints, the owner hired the Labor compliance program (LC) to do an audit. The LC claimed i owed wages. some employees were paid but soon i had all kinds of crazy allegations from more employees, & it became a nightmare with lawsuits following. i have filed bankruptcy & no longer in business. should i include the Labor Compliance & DIVISION OF LABOR STANDARD ENFORCEMENT (DLSE) creditors/prospects or just listing the ex-employees, & the lawsuits will suffice?

To comply with bankruptcy law requiring you to list every potential creditor & for your own protection, you want to cast a wide net & list absolutely every potential creditor. I have seen bankruptcy cases that listed tens of thousands of potential creditors. It is a lot of work, but well worth the extra effort & cost to prevent very expensive future legal problems. Hope this perspective helps!

2. You need to have a bankruptcy attorney handle that for you. This is complicated. If you have a bankruptcy attorney, talk to him or her about it. If you do not have one, get one. This is too important for you to let mistakes you will introduce into the process to destroy your attempt to resolve all of these issues.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

3. I agree with Mr. Pederson. But the short answer is yes, you need to list every possible claimant. I have listed as many as 5 entities regarding a single debt.