Do I legally owe a Doctor who in 2 visits was not able to accomplish anything for which I went to see him. Made worse in fact.

Asked about 1 year ago - Dunwoody, GA

I originally saw this Doctor to change into my homes county as I had been seeing another doctor 40 miles away for 4 years. I told him what I've tried with results and what I have tried with severe reactions also. Turns out he could only be a referring doctor. The 1st doctor referred to, clinic did not even have a license to fill medicine.. The second Doctor would only see me for the expensive treatment ( steroid injections) that I had severe reaction to. For over 2 months my time was completely wasted and my stress level became very high. My question is do I legally owe this doctor full payment for the office visit? I have already paid $60 in 2 co-pays to his office and do not want to pay unless I am legally responsible. What do you advise at this point? I have called office also.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ian Zimmerman


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . If you received treatment from the doctor, you owe him for the services rendered. My concern is that it appears that you paid a co-pay already regarding the treatments. Is the bill you are referring to from your insurance company?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,598 answers this week

2,592 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,598 answers this week

2,592 attorneys answering