Do I inherit from my grandfathers "living trust?"

Asked 7 months ago - Clinton, IA

My grandfather died in 2001 and created a "living trust" for the lifetime use of my Grandmother, however, the assets in my grandfathers living trust transferred to the name of his three children, including my father. In 2005 my grandmother added a codicil to her will providing that my fathers portion of his inheritance would go to my mother if he dies. He died in 2008. My grandmother died in 2013. Does the portion of the estate that was in a living trust from my grandfather also go to my mother?

1. Thomas O. Moens

1

Answered . It is impossible to answer your question without reviewing the trust document, the will, and the codicil. I would suggest that you contact a probate attorney in the Clinton area for assistance.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . Its hard to tell from your facts.
    You state that the assets from the trust were distributed to the three children.
    So-what assets are you talking about?

3. Michael Leo Potter

Pro

2

Answered . Confusing set of facts. The best answer can be obtained by having an Estate Planning attorney review the Trust document itself plus the Will(s) of the deceased persons. Sit down for a consultation. See Find-A-Lawyer at the top of this page. Good Luck!