Do I hire a "Emotional Personal Injury" attorney for psychiatric distress?

Asked 11 months ago - San Diego, CA

I was terrorized at my S.R.O. from June-Sept. via upteen break in's, vandalism's and death threat's. Most of this was due to the fact that there were NO locks on my apt. door twice for week's at a time as well as one particular neighbor who not only had a professional "key-kit" which she she consistently bragged that she could get into any door she wanted...and them some. I have police report's that were never taken seriously until I decided to write up grievence report's against these "police officer's." At that time Sheriff Kash Duty, #744 not only took my complint but now is my new acquaintance, disgusted with the treatment I received and not really happy with no lock's on my door. The Housing Commission is Floored. I have Video.Audio evidence that is EXTREMELY damaging and other's!

1. Neil Pedersen

12

Answered . The term S.R.O. has many meanings, and it is not clear what you mean by it here. If you are referring to a Single Room Occupancy, then I do not see how this question falls into the Employment practice area. it sounds like you need an attorney who is well versed in landlord/tenant law. I would suggest you re-post this in that practice area where you will have a much larger pool of attorneys well versed in the rights of a tenant.

Good luck to you.

2. Robert Max Klein

Pro

10

Answered . What you're describing is a personal injury case where the injury is an emotional component. You can hire any personal injury lawyer, but I suggest you look for someone with experience in cases involving intentional infliction of emotional distress and/or negligent infliction of emotional distress. You are also looking for a lawyer who was handled landlord tenant cases where the landlord's conduct breached duties of habitability, rights of privacy all leading to personal injuries. Use the Avvo Find a Lawyer tool. Since you present unique facts, it may take some patience on your part to find the right lawyer. Good luck.

3. Mishka L Marshall

Pro

10

Answered . I agree with attorney Pederson that you probably need to talk to an attorney who handles landlord tenant issues. Good luck.

4. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

8

Answered . I think you need a tenant's rights attorney. All the best.

Pro

9

Answered . Best to have a local personal injury lawyer investigate. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated attorney with a low contingency fee. Good luck.