Do I have to tell my insurance agent that I had a car accident if I only have Liability insurance?

Asked 5 months ago - Rockville, IN

Medicare will be paying for the hospital bills. Will Medicare be contacting my car insurance company?

Pro

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . Under the terms of your insurance policy, you likely need to report every accident or they could deny a future claim.

2. Burton A. Padove

Pro

4

1

Answered . You need to notify them if this was a collision that involved another individual, car or property not owned by you. If a claim is made and you fid not report it, the insurer may deny coverage, in which case you will be personally liable. It is possible that Medicare will notify your auto insurer.

3. Dennis Wayne Tackett

Pro

4

1

Answered . It is much less stressful if you go ahead and report this accident to your insurance company. Once you do it, it will be off your mind. Your policy of insurance requires you to notify your insurance company.

4. Franklin D. Julian Jr.

Pro

Answered . You have a duty to contact your insurance company that is outlined in your own individual insurance policy. That having been said, you should definitely contact them. If you don't, they might use this failure to notify them as an excuse to deny coverage, saying that you "failed to cooperate." Contact them ASAP.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now