Do I have to take the driving tests again when I reinstate my license after it being suspended due to unpaid traffic fines?

Asked about 3 years ago - Everett, WA

My licesnse was suspended due to unpaid traffic fines. I was told by the collection company that once I start a payment plan I can get my license reinstated. I am wondering if I'm going to have to go through all the hassle of studdying for this annoying tests again to get my license back. My license has been suspended since July 31st 2011.

1. Scott Weymouth Lawrence

Pro

1

Answered . Normally, If the only reason for your license suspension is unpaid fines you just need to pay a $75 reinstatement fee. You should not have to retake the test unless your license has expired during the suspension. You can use the link below to find out exactly what you need to do.

2. Jon Michael Zimmerman

Answered . Adding to Attorney Lawrence's fine answer, my recommendation is that you try to pay the balance in full if possible, or at the very least stay current on every payment. If you miss a payment, your license can get suspended again, and the collection agency may not agree to enter into a second payment plan with you. Many people miss a payment - don't be one of those folks. Good luck to you.