Do I have to take a polygraph by the police.

Ypsilanti, MI |
Filed under: Civil rights

my coworkers and I had done a job in a home and after it was finished the homeowner said that things where missing, we spoke with the police on our free will, and now they want a polygraph. do I have to go do it.

1. Absolutely not. And, do not say another word, to any law enforcement agents (which would include the police) without having your attorney present.

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

2. No; you do not and no; you should not.

If they do not like that answer - and they won't - tell them to contact your lawyer. Make sure you actually HAVE one before playing that card.

The MI and your county bar associations can provide referrals.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

3. No, no and no.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

4. Are you reading the answers here? Absolutely not. The cops are not your friends. They are not going to just clear this up if you would only explain. They are trying to build a case against you. Do not talk to them without an attorney. If they ask why, then tell them it is your constitutional right and hang up the telephone or close the door.

This advice is for general informational purposes only and does not create an attorney - client relationship. You should consult a local attorney for specific advice about your legal matter.

Civil rights topics