Do I have to take a polygraph by the police.

Asked 12 months ago - Ypsilanti, MI

my coworkers and I had done a job in a home and after it was finished the homeowner said that things where missing, we spoke with the police on our free will, and now they want a polygraph. do I have to go do it.

1. Malosack Berjis

3

Answered . Absolutely not. And, do not say another word, to any law enforcement agents (which would include the police) without having your attorney present.

2. Todd H. Nye

Pro

1

Answered . Are you reading the answers here? Absolutely not. The cops are not your friends. They are not going to just clear this up if you would only explain. They are trying to build a case against you. Do not talk to them without an attorney. If they ask why, then tell them it is your constitutional right and hang up the telephone or close the door.

3. Keith G Langer

Answered . No; you do not and no; you should not.

If they do not like that answer - and they won't - tell them to contact your lawyer. Make sure you actually HAVE one before playing that card.

The MI and your county bar associations can provide referrals.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  4. William Emil Cassara

Pro

Answered . No, no and no.