Do I have to submit to a random drug test? I work in the office, clerical.

Asked over 1 year ago - Middleboro, MA

I have worked for this company for 2 years I took a pre employment drug screening. I signed nothing and believe that my rights are being abused. I also have not had any problems in my daily bussiness with either customers and or co workers.

1. Judith A Miller

1

Answered . Depending on the state in which you work, an employer can require you to take a random drug test as a condition of employment. If you refuse, your employer can terminate your employment. If your employer is singling out groups of employees to submit to testing based on age, race, gender, national origin or disability, then you might have a claim, but these types of claims are exceedingly rare.