DO I HAVE TO SUBMIT FORM I-693 TOGETHER WITH THE I-485 FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS?

Linden, NJ |

CAN I SUBMIT THE FORM I-693 AT A LATER TIME OR DO I HAVE TO SEND IT TOGEHER WITH THE FORM I-485 TO ADJUST MY STATUS?

1. You should. If not, the Service will ask for it in a Request for Evidence. You are better off filing it with everything.

You may want to consider speaking with an attorney to file your case, as this is a very basic question.

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: ssvosbikian@voslaw.com - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site: www.voslaw.com

2. All at the same time. Good Luck!

3. Yes, you should send it at the same time. It must be filled out by a designated civil surgeon (a doctor approved by USCIS) and sent with the I-485 in a sealed envelope.

Amanda M. Diaz
    Law Office of Amanda M. Diaz
    www.MitchellDiazLaw.com

4. I agree with attorney Diaz. Make sure it's sealed.

5. Submit it together with the I-485 otherwise you will receive a Request For Evidence (RFE) that may cause delays. The I-693 medical exam should be performed by a civil surgeon listed on the USCIS.gov site and should be in a sealed envelope. I would urge you to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer to discuss other documents you should be submitting as well.

DISCLAIMER: The information you obtained in this answer is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice and it should not be construed as a formation of a client-attorney relationship or legal representation, which can only occur after the execution of a formal engagement letter or retainer agreement. For a FREE Consultation call (212) 804-5770 or visit us at www.StatusImmigration.com

6. You should submit it together. THis is a pretty basic question and clearly stated in the instructions. The more important question is whether you should be going through the process without a lawyer? What if you are missing something very important that you do not even know to consider? It happens to many people and it is much harder to correct later than to get it right the first time.