Do I have to show my previous A-Number when filing for adjustment of status through marriage?

New York, NY |

I had H1B visa that was revoked after I changed the employer. But within 2 weeks I returned back to my employer and we sent a letter to USCIS asking to ignore the first letter that asked to revoke my status. Now my H1B-case is pending.

1. The answer is yes. It is always a good idea to be open when dealing with USCIS. Not sure what is your question concerning the H-1B visa.

(646) 820-7658 Mr. Qiu is a co-chair of American Immigration Lawyer Association's New York chapter Federal Practice Committee. This response should not be deemed as the creation of attorney/client relationship. Legal advice should be sought with a competent immigration attorney.

2. Yes.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

3. If you have one, yes.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

4. Yes.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.

5. Yes .

***973-735-2716*** Mr. Asatrian's practice is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. ****hasatrian@strasserasatrian.com**** Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.