Do I have to send I-102 replacing I94 card because its lost when applying for Green card?

Asked over 1 year ago - Garwood, NJ

I am about to send my package to apply for a green card and went to the consultation with an attorney, my i94 has been lost and she said its necessary to replace it and theres no other option because USCIS can ask forits copy anytime and I have to have original on the interview. Should I do that? Plus my visa has expired already what should I write inthe application form in the field of current status and its expuration. Thank for your answers.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . I agree with the attorney to the extent that it is advisable to seek a replacement of the I-94.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . No, an I-102 will not be necessary if you have a date certain entry stamp on your passport.

Current status: "out of status."

3. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . There are local policies, and it depends on the office. Many CIS offices will accept the visa and passport stamp as proof of admission.

4. Eric M. Mark

Pro

Answered . A stamp in the passport may be sufficient, if you have that. An i94 is definitely good. Either way, adjusting status is complicated, as you can tell, and using a lawyer is a good way to make sure you are not overlooking any other potential pitfalls.