Do I have to send an insurance claims check to the lien holder if their name is on it

Johnson City, TN |
Filed under: Lien Fraud

Collision claims check was sent to me with my name and the lien holders name on it .can I cash it legally?

You cannot cash the check without getting it endorsed by the lien holder. Doing so would be fraud.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

The bank would probably not permit it without endorsement of the lien holder.

The bank won't cash. You can write the lien holder a check for their portion and give it to them in exchange for their endorsement on the check. Or you could ask the lien holder for a check for your portion in exchange for your endorsement on the check.