Do I have to respond to a deposition notice regarding an incident that happened in 2007?

Zephyrhills, FL |

accident occurred at airport . no injuries. my car totaled. I thought case was closed years ago.

1. Of course you have to respond to the notice. The alternative is to ignore it and face a judge asking you why you ignored this.

Do you have counsel? Were you at fault in the accident? if not, contact your carrier immediately to let them know what is going on. You might also want to call the attorney that issued the sub and ask about your involvement.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

2. Well it is never a good idea to hang out with people who break the law as it exponentially increases your chances on getting violated. If the order says convicted felons then you should be ok. I would always make sure to clarify in writing with your probation officer so you do not take a chance.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at bill@thelawman.net and put AVVO in the subject line.

3. You should get your insurance company involved in this claim. Don't ignore a notice to appear at a deposition. Consult with an attorney in FL (insurance company should assign you one).

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

4. It is never a good idea to ignore a notice of deposition in a pending case. You could be called before the judge to explain why you did that and compel the deposition. The lawyer or law firm handling the case for is the one you should contact. That lawyer should have been provided to you by your insurance carrier when you advised them of the lawsuit. If you have not notified your carrier, you should do so right away.

If this answer has helped you, please mark it as Best or Helpful Answer. This communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

5. If you were served a subpoena, then you have to respond or run the risk of being held in contempt of court and risk jail time. Call the lawyer that issued the subpoena and ask them what the deposition is about and that should explain why this is occurring. Good luck.

Legal Disclaimer: To learn more about attorney Keith Ligori, please call our firm 888-254-7119 or visit our homepage at www.LigoriCappyLaw.com. Keith Ligori is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal Courts of Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Often times the question does not include significant and important facts and time lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Ligori strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in order to ensure proper advice is received. If you are interested with talking to Keith Ligori and asking him more detail questions about your crash or situation feel free to call him any time. We forward our office phones to Mr. Ligori's cell phone at nights and weekends so his clients or potential clients can contact him about your case. To learn more about Attorney Keith Ligori, please call our firm toll free at 888.254.7119 or visit www.keithligorilaw.com

6. You should definitely not ignore your deposition notice.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.