Do I have to respond to a deposition notice regarding an incident that happened in 2007?

Asked over 1 year ago - Zephyrhills, FL

accident occurred at airport . no injuries. my car totaled. I thought case was closed years ago.

1. William David Umansky

Pro

11

Answered . Well it is never a good idea to hang out with people who break the law as it exponentially increases your chances on getting violated. If the order says convicted felons then you should be ok. I would always make sure to clarify in writing with your probation officer so you do not take a chance.

2. Earl David Maxwell

11

Answered . It is never a good idea to ignore a notice of deposition in a pending case. You could be called before the judge to explain why you did that and compel the deposition. The lawyer or law firm handling the case for is the one you should contact. That lawyer should have been provided to you by your insurance carrier when you advised them of the lawsuit. If you have not notified your carrier, you should do so right away.

3. Keith Patrick Ligori

11

Answered . If you were served a subpoena, then you have to respond or run the risk of being held in contempt of court and risk jail time. Call the lawyer that issued the subpoena and ask them what the deposition is about and that should explain why this is occurring. Good luck.

4. Steven Mark Sweat

Pro

11

Answered . You should get your insurance company involved in this claim. Don't ignore a notice to appear at a deposition. Consult with an attorney in FL (insurance company should assign you one).

5. Daniel Nelson Deasy

10

Answered . Of course you have to respond to the notice. The alternative is to ignore it and face a judge asking you why you ignored this.

Do you have counsel? Were you at fault in the accident? if not, contact your carrier immediately to let them know what is going on. You might also want to call the attorney that issued the sub and ask about your involvement.

6. George Costas Andriotis

6

Answered . You should definitely not ignore your deposition notice.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Pro

6

Answered . Yes.