Do I have to report a juvenile arrest when applying for a pharmacy license?

Asked about 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

It was pc 484. No adjudication just a citizen arrest and a citation.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael Moshe Levin

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you were fingerprinted and booked, it is an arrest. If just a "citizen's arrest" and a citation, never filed in court, then I don't think it will show up on a live scan.
    You might want to report it as suggested, just so that it can't come back and bite you later. But if it never went to court, I would report it as a citation and NOT as an arrest.

    Answering your questions on this forum does NOT constitute the forming of an attorney/client relationship. The... more
  2. Christine C McCall


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . My law firm handles a lot of Pharm Board application and disciplinary cases, and I have looked at the app as recently as within the last month. My recollection is that it does not ask for juvenile arrests. I know for a fact that it does not ask for juvenile adjudications.

    Now, you are going into Pharmacy, a field where distinctions as minuscule as decimal points can cost a life or your career. So, get with the program NOW. Parse the application line by line or phrase by phrase. Answer ONLY what is asked. Do not answer what you think Pham Board could have asked, should have asked, should want to know, or might have meant. Answer what is asked.

    If that app actually asks for anything pertaining to any juvenile criminal matter, you may want to respond with something like this: No disclosable (non-confidential) history as provided by California Welfare & Institutions Code. That will be sufficient to establish that you are not intending any deception or purposeful failures to disclose in the application process.

    If Pharm Board comes back at you in a few weeks with a demand for disclosure of juvenile criminal history -- WHICH I HAVE NEVER SEEN FROM ANY CA STATE LICENSING AGENCY, AND I DO NOT EXPECT -- then you need to retain a CA professional/occupational licensing attorney to back the Board off because theft is a bad and dangerous issue in the State licensing process.

    No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended... more
  3. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If it does not ask for an arrest do not report it , if it does report it as a citizen arrest and citation

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,788 answers this week

3,317 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,788 answers this week

3,317 attorneys answering