Do I have to re-serve the other party when a commissioner orders a continuing hearing?

I took my ex to court for contempt and because she showed up but did not respond , the commissioner had her sign a order continuing hearing and directed her to appear the public defenders office . I assume this is a continuance . The commissioner also had her sign a notice of appearance pro SE . So , at this point , do I have to get her served with the same paperwork again prior to our new hearing date ? If so , what are my time frames ? I also , have received further communications via text which I feel show additional evidence of contempt . Would i need to have her served again with my intention to introduce this as evidence for our upcoming hearing ?

Everett, WA -

Kevin Coluccio

Kevin Coluccio

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Seattle, WA

It would seem not, but, it would depend upon the court's direction and order. The judge should have addressed the issue.

Bruce Clement

Bruce Clement

Family Law Attorney - Auburn, WA

In most counties you have to give 14 days notice of any hearing. Check the local rules for Snohomish county. Any new paperwork you want reviewed by the Court should be included when you serve her. See my AVVO Legal Guides on contempt motions for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 29 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful.” You can schedule a free ½ hour consultation with me by calling my office at 253-815-8440.