Do I have to pay this final Civil Demand notice?

Rosemead, CA |

So I was caught shoplifting last November and The Law Offices of Michael Ira Asen has sent me my FINAL NOTICE, which is also the third letter saying I have to pay "$250.00 in 7 days otherwise Rite Aid may make further effort to enforce its rights under this law" I've seen other posts about ignoring these letters because they usually send one or two and they stop, but this is the third one. Should I just pay it or not?

The consensus is to ignore letters. They ate just trying to scare you.

I typically advise clients not to pay it. It is not due unless they get a civil judgment against you and they rarely ever due that.

Please read: http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/should-i-pay-the-civil-demand-letter

Just advised a PA client who received a civil demand from the same NY law firm to ignore it. Any other letters from the same "law firm" should be tossed without looking at them.