Do i have to pay for something if the item was false advertised ?

Calumet City, IL |
Filed under: Internet law

i used a sex chat line that is now trying to charge me 235 $ for calls that they say are 9$ a minute but yet they can not or will not tell me the amount of time i spent on the phone and also on there site in their terms it says that calls are only 6 $ a min . i am 18 and i feel like they are trying to take advantage of my ignorance. WHAT DO I DO ????

1. I agree with the other respoipnder with an addition. Do not call sex chat lines in the future, they are expensive.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

2. You should hire a lawyer.

Andrew B Gordon is a CPA and attorney licensed to practice law in Illinois. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.