Skip to main content

Do i have to pay for child support if my daughter was taken to mexico and put in private school woth out my consent?

San Fernando, CA |

my daughter was taken to mexico was never withdrawl from school here in the united states she is only 9yrs old her gradmother took her over there was put into a private school and are requesting for me to pay the private school the gradmother has a sign paper from myself and her legal mother stating that she is responsible and can take her to mexico under her care but letter does not state that she could be taken permantly to studied over there the mother of my duaghter us threating me on putting child support is that legal? do i have to pay for child support if my daughter is in mexico?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you do not want to pay and she has no signed court order, you could request or go to Mexico and bring her back if you want? If she is in Mexico, just how much does private school cost and food and clothing? What is in the best interests of your child? What if Grandma brought her back? Who are you really thinking of?

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.



its around 600 a month her being in mexico does not benifit her at all i am asking this question for the reason that the mother of my daughter is requesting this money and refuses to let me send the money to the gradmother i feel like if she wants me to send that much money why not send it directly to mexico ive try to get her back but i have no clue where in mexico she located at i want her to studied here where it will benefit her



i also think since the motherdoes not have her under care neither do i why can she pay 300 and i 300 she is requesting about 980 a month when my daughter was here i gave 400 a month which was fair and she was still under the gradmothers care can you please answer my previous questions it will really help whats fair and whats not fair??

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer