Do I have to pay an automated enforcement red light ticket in Van Nuys, Los Angeles county? What's the best course of action?

Van Nuys, CA |

I received it from the Sheriff's department for the MTA Orangel line bus system, are LAPD tickets the only ones being successfully ignored, or all of them? Will my dmv record and credit rating be impacted if I ignore it?

Ignoring ANY citation is never a recommended course of action, unless you're independently wealthy and don't mind driving on a suspended license facing jail time for doing so.
Red Light Tickets come in two flavors. Real red light camera tickets which direct you to appear on a date certain for your arraignment at the court where the camera is located. This other "Arizona" tickets direct you to send your fine to an address, typically a police department. This type of ticket is typically a scam BUT SHOULD NEVERTHELESS be examined by a traffic attorney

A proper response would require a thorough investigation into the history and background of this relationship. The information provided above is just that, information, to be used as you see fit.