Do I have to notify USCIS about this

I applied for N-400 application and it is in process, I have changed my driver's license address to po box address recently but I didn't change my permanent address. would this be a concern in general to have driver's license address ( car registration also) as po box address? and Do I have to inform USCIS about that since I did not move to new place. Thanks!

West Chester, PA -

Calvin T. Sun

Calvin T. Sun

Immigration Attorney - Paoli, PA

Generally speaking, any time you change the address where you live, and you are in non-immigrant status or green card holder, you must notify USCIS within 10 days. The form to use is AR-11. This requirement doesn't apply if you are in A or G status.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Not a problem .... as long as you still get mail at the address you gave CIS and ... as long as you actually live at the address you gave CIS.

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Immigration Attorney - Newark, CA

It depends. You are to show residency for at least 3 months in the jurisdiction you apply.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

You will need to document that you meet the residency requirement.

Related Advice