Do I have to Motion for a counterclaim suit to be dismissed?

Troy, MI |

I sued an individual in a general suit. The defendant counter sued with false claims. Do I just ask the court for a dismissal in the answer to the defendants answer? Or do I Motion for the counter claims to be dismissed?

This forum can only help out with general questions. You are in this way over your head. You need a lawyer. Any answer I give you may be misconstrued and cause you more harm then help. Would you operate on yourself if you had a medical problem? Find a lawyer to help you.

To answer your question it would have to be done through a motion. However having an attorney assist you would be best. An experienced attorney can help you with all issues that may arise in your suit.

*Please be sure to mark if you find this answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. **The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us, reviewing our comments on this or any other forum/question and answer section, communication with us prior to us being retained, etc., does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes