Do I have to Motion for a counterclaim suit to be dismissed?

Asked 8 months ago - Troy, MI

I sued an individual in a general suit. The defendant counter sued with false claims. Do I just ask the court for a dismissal in the answer to the defendants answer? Or do I Motion for the counter claims to be dismissed?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Douglas Eugene Kuthy

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . This forum can only help out with general questions. You are in this way over your head. You need a lawyer. Any answer I give you may be misconstrued and cause you more harm then help. Would you operate on yourself if you had a medical problem? Find a lawyer to help you.

  2. Aric K. Melder

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . To answer your question it would have to be done through a motion. However having an attorney assist you would be best. An experienced attorney can help you with all issues that may arise in your suit.

    *Please be sure to mark if you find this answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. **... more

Related Topics

Lawsuits and disputes

If you're faced with a dispute that can't be resolved by negotiation, a lawsuit may be necessary. It will allow you to seek a legally binding solution in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,833 answers this week

3,560 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,833 answers this week

3,560 attorneys answering