Do I have to include my husbands income into the child support modification paperwork?

Asked about 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

I'm a mother of two children, I have a 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl. My husband is not the biological father of my son. I recently received the modification paperwork from child support and they are asking me for my monthly income. Now, I'm going to be a full time student, I'm not employed, and I obviously don't pay any bills. So, my question is, do I put my husbands income as my income since we're married or do I just keep the info about myself and my son??

1. Taylor House

1

1

Answered . Your new spouse's income won't be included in the child support calculation. You may have to provide it on the Affidavit of Financial Information, but it won't be included on the actual child support worksheet.

2. Maxwell William Mahoney

1

Answered . Yes. That is income that you have access to and can use towards paying support.