Skip to main content

Do I have to have an attorney to file for an enforcement of a divorce decree?

Dallas, TX |

I have an order for my ex-husband to provide me with a copy of his income tax return to see if child support should be adjusted. He has refused to give it to me.

Attorney Answers 2


File a modification and get your discovery.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Unless you are sure you know exactly what to do and how to do it, it would probably be wisest to hire an attorney to help you with this. Enforcements are tricky. If you don't do them exactly right and you lose.

Since you have a stipulation like this in your decree, you probably had an attorney for the divorce. Talk to him or her again and see if they think it is worth the time and expense.

For educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship was created by this communication.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics