Do I have to have adequate rooms for timeshare with my kids?

Tampa, FL |

Child Support is killing me but that is not going to stop me from seeing my kids. I have moved back to Florida to handle my CS court hearings/ modification hearings. I am currently living with my mother in her studio until next month. Two of my 5 kids come over every weekend. When I move Il probably be able to afford a two bed. Anywho my question is - Is there a requirement for the amount of rooms for time-share with my kids. The mother of the other 3 live out of state at her Grandparents. Her and the kids sleep in the same room.

There is not a set square footage or room number guideline. However, the courts, if your spouse will file a motion to say that you do not have adequate space will look at all circumstances and make a determination whether the space is adequate.

You should not despair, things will get better for you. Remeber that very few live in palaces where each person has its own separate room.

Best of luck.

Daniel Lenghea

Daniel Lenghea, Esq. If You find the answer helpful please tag it. Thirty Minutes free initial consultation extended to all clients either in office or via phone. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida. On issues of immigration, federal questions, and federal courts, I might answer as I am admitted in several federal jurisdictions.

so long as it is not a code violation of some sort, then tight quarters still mean you can see your kids.

Yes, you should concern yourself with adequate space for the children. No, as to a set number of rooms.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.

I have had cases where the children sleep in sleeping bags for the weekend in the living room and the parent still was afforded weekend and holiday timesharing. As long as you have food, electric, and running water and can otherwise meet the basic material needs of the children, I do not believe the amount of space you have is relevant. If you were seeking substantial timesharing during the school year, then sleeping in a small space may become more relevant to the issue of the children's best interests and any disruption this may have in their school schedule. Again, however, I see no problem with weekend timesharing in your studio apartment assuming you can meet the basic material needs of the children.

The foregoing is not intended as legal advice. In order to provide you with legal advice and/ or an informed, expert opinion, I would need to gather additional information. If you are desirous of legal advice and representation, please feel free to call my Office for a free initial consultation at 727/ 895-5858. Thank you.