Do I have to have a lawyer help me with my citizenship application?

Renton, WA |

The process does not seem that hard to me, but many friends are recommending I use a lawyer.

1. If you can afford it, spend the money as insurance. The law does not require you to hire a lawyer.

2. The process can be quite complex based upon many variables. It is not unusual for citizenship applications to be denied for unanticipated reasons. It is unwise not to hire counsel given the possible outcomes.

Hope this helps

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.

3. An immigration lawyer can help you in the following ways:

Analyze the facts of your case thoroughly.
    Explain all the benefits for which you may be eligible.
    Recommend the best ways for you to obtain legal status.
    Complete and submit your applications properly.
    Stay current on the new laws that affect you.
    Avoid delays and problems with your case whenever possible.
    Discuss the status of your case with you.
    Speak for you in discussions with the Department of Homeland Security or represent you in court.
    File necessary appeals and waivers.
    Utilize the system to your advantage because he or she has the experience to do so.

If you "like" this answer, please visit our website www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/