Skip to main content

Do I have to go in person to the court house to drop a temperary restraining order or can I do it over the phone?

Reno, NV |

He wont be getting out of jail for years and I would like to talk to him to know where to put his things

Attorney Answers 2


This is a duplicate thread. This question was also asked, and answered, here:

Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


If you were the one to initially file for an order of protection, then you may withdraw it with the local county court where it was initially filed. Otherwise, if it was filed by the prosecutor's office, then it is up to the prosecuting attorney to withdraw it or not.
With respect to your second question, if he was already convicted of a 2nd degree felony, then there is nothing that you or he can do at this point. If he was not yet convicted, then he and/or his attorney should reach out to the prosecutor's office and ask for a Plea Bargain for a lesser offense, especially since you should make it known that you do not want to testify against him.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics