Do I have to give a non custodial parent my daughters birth certificate and ss#?

Clinton, NJ |

non custodial parent a birth certificate and ss#

1. Your question was fairly devoid of details, so the answer is necessarily a bit general, but --

If you have joint legal custody, I'd say that the NCP has the same right to the information that you do.

I'd also question why he/she needs it - if you're supposed to alternate the tax exemption, for instance, then I'd say you have to provide it.

2. Yes of course you do. Why would you not give that information, what are the other issues that would cause you concern to give that information?

3. I agree with my two colleagues. If you and the non custodial parent have joint legal custody you should provide the information.

Disclaimer: The information here is general and not intended to be construed as legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice contact a qualified attorney.

James R. Fridie III Esq.
    The Fridie Law Group LLC
    200 Campbell Drive, Suite 226
    Willingboro, NJ 08046
    (856) 505-8610 Office
    (856) 513-2810 Fax
    (609) 367-4688 Cell
    FLG@fridielawgroup.com

If you found this information helpful please click the thumbs up icon below.

Child custody topics