Do I have to give a non custodial parent my daughters birth certificate and ss#?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Clinton, NJ

non custodial parent a birth certificate and ss#

1. David Perry Davis

Answered . Your question was fairly devoid of details, so the answer is necessarily a bit general, but --

If you have joint legal custody, I'd say that the NCP has the same right to the information that you do.

I'd also question why he/she needs it - if you're supposed to alternate the tax exemption, for instance, then I'd say you have to provide it.

2. Christopher Leon Garibian

Answered . Yes of course you do. Why would you not give that information, what are the other issues that would cause you concern to give that information?

3. James R Fridie III

Pro

Answered . I agree with my two colleagues. If you and the non custodial parent have joint legal custody you should provide the information.

Disclaimer: The information here is general and not intended to be construed as legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice contact a qualified attorney.

James R. Fridie III Esq.
    The Fridie Law Group LLC
    200 Campbell Drive, Suite 226
    Willingboro, NJ 08046
    (856) 505-8610 Office
    (856) 513-2810 Fax
    (609) 367-4688 Cell
    FLG@fridielawgroup.com

If you found this information helpful please click the thumbs up icon below.