Do i have to get my misdemeanor expunged where the case took place?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hemet, CA

10 years ago... Non violent non drug. Do I have to travel back to where it took place?

1. Jeffrey George Moore

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes and no. The expungement paperwork is filed in the court where you were convicted. There may be ways to handle that without traveling there. You can retain an attorney in that jurisdiction to handle the matter. Alternately, you can consult with the court to determine if there is a way to file the paperwork by fax or mail. If the petition can be resolved without a court appearance, you may not have to even have an attorney or travel to the court.

2. Michael Douglas Shafer

4

Answered . Yes, it is expunged where the conviction occurred and no, you can have an attorney appear for you.

3. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

2

Answered . Some court's require an appearance to expunge a case. Those that do will typically allow an attorney to make that appearance for you. Good luck.