Do I have to file another I-130?

Asked about 1 year ago - Cedar Rapids, IA

My Mom was issued an immigrant visa on 2010 based on I 130 application i filed for her on 2009.
she wasn't able to make it to the States during the time of her visa validity.
I send her visa packet back to the embassy to renew the entry visa.
the embassy refused to renew the visa and their reasoning was because its been 3 years since it expired.
this kinda of left me confused, I don't know what i should do in this case.not sure if the USCIS will re-approve her already approved I 130.
I appreciate any ideas and suggestions on this matter

1. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

3

Answered . Dear Asker: Unfortunately, since three years have passed since the visa's validity, you will need to refile the I-130 and begin all over again from the start. And yes, you will need to pay all the fees over again, there is no way around it. On the bright side, you probably still have a lot of the documentation from the previous filing. You may consider having an attorney assist you this time around to make sure that no unnecessary problems like these arise again. I'd be happy to answer any further questions you may have (My office is only about 40 minutes from you). Good luck!

2. Pablo Husayn Nossa

4

Answered . Yes. You will need to repetition your mother.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Yes, definitely under the facts. You will need to file a new petition on your mom's behalf and of course, pay the fee again.

4. Irene Vaisman

Pro

2

Answered . You need to start the case all over again and file a new I-130