Do I have to disclose a dismissed misdemeanor charge on a job application for a private firm

Asked 12 months ago - San Diego, CA

My misdemeanor was granted dismissal under 1203.4 & 1203.4a. I have read VERY mixed answers from my research and want to know how I should approach this. I am applying to IBM.

1. William Peter Daley

1

1

Answered . You should not have to disclose a misdemeanor conviction that was dismissed under 1203.4 to IBM.

http://lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com/san-diego-cr...

2. Greg Hagopian

Pro

1

1

Answered . No, you do not. As a private company there is no exception to the rule of expungement that agovernment agency would have.

3. Jay Scott Finnecy

1

1

Answered . Depends on the question they specifically ask, but, no you are not required to disclose.

Law Offices of Jay S. Finnecy (619) 855-3003 or (760) 522-7006 criminalattorneysd.com
  4. David Philip Shapiro

Pro

Answered . You should be OK, but send a copy of the relevant portion of the application to your attorney for their review prior to sending it in to IBM.

Good Luck!

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555
  5. Mark Lawrence Deniz

Pro

Answered . No , you are not required to disclose. However, if they specifically ask you for the information I would not recommend omission either. I would talk to an attorney to guide you through this issue.